Bouncing ForwardBuilding a resilient spirit and growing wellbeing
When asked ‘what do you want from life’ it’s not uncommon for people to say – ‘to be happy’. However, often our vision of happiness involves people jumping joyfully into the air, living a life that is free of problems. Joy and happiness is definitely worth growing, however it is unrealistic to expect a problem free existence. Often, navigating our life problems is stressful. This one day workshop explores the stress response- what it is and why we experience it. It also provides some handy tools that can help you weather the storms in life. These tools can assist you to do more than bounce back, but to bounce forward and grow your well-being. Our goal is to help you move from a state of surviving, towards one of thriving.
What can you expect on the day?
- An explanation of both the physical and psychological elements of the stress response – exploring what happens to our bodies and minds when we experience stress.
- Discussions on what we mean by building a resilient spirit – why is it important?
- Practical ways to:
- better manage life problems or stressors;
- relax and find space within turmoil;
- build a resilient spirit; and therefore
- grow personal well-being (introducing you to positive psychology) – moving from surviving to thriving.
Who’s it for?
- This workshop is for anyone who is seeking a better balance in life.
Next Public Workshop
When: Sunday 3rd February 2019
What Time: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Where: Mt Ommaney Hotel Apartments
573 Dandenong Rd
Qld 4118 Australia